ADVERTISEMENT

Stop questioning Hugh's religion. Question his character to prepare for every single game the same exact way.

Uncle Baby Billy

NO ICE = BIG BALLS
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2015
Pensacola
Hugh has a reputation. Hugh clearly does not show up for every single game prepared. Big game Hugh is different than CAL/NMSU. A championship caliber coach shows up for every single game in the same manner. They do not accept incompetence and lack of preparation like Hugh does. Apparently, something here has told him that is acceptable. Maybe it is the same mongos who let Gus survive "cause he beat Bammuh and UGA that one time." When you allow this little bro, unpreparedness, you get unacceptable results... check that, maybe this is acceptable?

To his credit, he recruits like a championship coach. He never stops. He is cutthroat and will do whatever it takes to get a kid to Auburn. It's just that he does not apply that same mentality, week in and week out, when preparing his team. You would think, that over time, someone would have gotten through to him. Apparently, self-reflection, accountability, character, and discipline are not in the Hugh Freeze wardrobe. I don't think this is changing even if he holds the class together. I think this is Hugh and will ultimately be his downfall here.

I have defended Thorne more than anyone on here, but he is not a Freeze QB. Freeze either plays the best athlete and lets him make plays or a balls to the wall gunslinger. Thorne is neither. I am not even sure he is a game manager because he is pretty poor at that as well. Our issue is once again a failure of due diligence by Freeze. Not grabbing a QB last offseason is why we can't move on. Hank is going to get murdered because he cannot call his protection and on top of that, the center is failing at that too. That was the reason Lew didn't start as a true freshman from the start. So when you have a QB that has no idea where pressure is coming from and a center who cannot make pres-nap adjustments, you can't play a statue. The QB has to be able to run or he will die in this conference. But... maybe it's time to take Hank's orange jersey and see what he is made of against the ones.

I love what I saw out of Durkin in the 2nd half. A great coach makes adjustments on the fly and keeps his team in the ball game. Once again, an Auburn defense left out to dry by a pathetic, incompetent offense.

Reactions: AUPooch
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.