ADVERTISEMENT

Stolen from a FB bammer friend...long but damn...

sAUl goode!

Second Team
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2009
North America
Hugh Freeze, seems to be a trending topic. I guess I will give my 2 cents whether anyone reads or not. I'll begin by saying that I am in no way form or fashion an Auburn fan, but I'm excited for Coach, his family and Auburn University.

I'm more so excited that his story is being told. I'm excited for the hope that someone will receive from this man's story. I watched his speech at Liberty University from 4 years ago along with Auburn's press conference from this morning announcing his hiring. It was inspiring.

We spend a great deal of our time trying to hide the sin and failures of our life. We all hold secrets that we feel if everyone else found out about it would just be the death of us. Hugh Freeze is no different. Hugh went to some buddies of his and confessed his sin to them, not only them but his wife and daughters as well. 1 year later it's brought to the public and thrown in his face again.

Let's he honest, the biggest difference between him and us is that his sin was publicized and ours isn't. Some of us, saved or not, have done or are currently doing the same thing if not worse. We spend Sunday upon Sunday, Wednesday upon Wednesday, revival upon revival, conference upon conference preaching of God's love for us, God's mercy toward us and God's grace toward us. We preach this and present the Gospel hoping and praying that some poor, lost soul will hear the gospel and find all these things and healing through Jesus. That those that are still struggling (and let's be honest, we are all struggling with something) will continue to find healing through Christ and community. All these things are available, but in 2017 when Coach Freeze sin become public knowledge, there was no grace shown, mercy was no where to be found, and no love was extended. There was plenty of shaming, plenty of condemnation and rejection shown. Then we sit around and wonder why people are so slow to confess to one another for healing to begin as James 5:16 tells us. I look even to Paul, when he first began preaching the gospel other said to themselves, "is this not the man who once killed us for doing the same." Here we are 5yrs after the transgression, still willing to let him know that we haven't forgotten his mistake. I'd sure hate to know that every time I turned around my failures, mistakes and sins was thrown back into my face. The truth is we are so quick to accept forgiveness, grace and mercy but so very slow to extend it.

I for one, support Hugh Freeze. I pray that through his story of finding God's grace, mercy and restoration for not only him but his family as well that someone else will also find the same.

Good luck Coach!! Some are rooting for you!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News