ADVERTISEMENT

So, quick update #4 for the weekend and a quick goodbye:

mrhickory

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2008
So, my political leanings have been called into question regarding previous updates and posts that I have made. I will be very forthright in my political leanings and you can judge my comments accordingly. However, the information that I have reported from various physician boards is accurate and really not viewed through the political lens. Someone made the statement that it is a political issue but not a partisan one and I agree very much to this statement.

So here goes, I am very much libertarian in my point of view. The presidents that I have voted for are Clinton, Bush, Bush, 3rd party candidate, Obama, Trump so judge accordingly. My only point was to state where physician boards have felt we were doing well and where we have failed.

I am not part of the DM8 gang nor am I part of the other gang. Honestly, I feel through other posts that I have been lumped into the liberal side and I fall somewhere in the middle of all you crazy mfers. I am privy to some information that the public does not and will not know and I have discussed throughout my posts. Honestly, I’m rooting for all of you “this is nothing and an overreaction” posters to be correct.

I will go back into work on Sunday with no plans to return to my family for the next few weeks. Our cul-de-sac has been relatively quarantined to ourselves since all this took place. I live in a cul-de-sac with 2 other physician families. Our plans are that we will not return until after cleared. My wife and I have made the decision that I will not return after I return to work until either I have caught the corona and cleared or until the government has deemed safe (tbh, not depending on them). I have already said goodbye for the short term to my parents (both over 70) and instructed them on necessary precautions. The plan initially is for me not to see any COVID patients since I am still receiving infusions and came off chemotherapy and radiation 1 year ago. We have started the discussions with my 5 year old that I will not be around for a while and we had a breakdown somewhat tonight. I have responded to many posts and DMs regarding this event but will refrain until I go back to work. But, hell, y’all might see way too much of me after self quarantine. The next couple of days, I will spend with the fam despite my type a personality and feeling the need to vent to you and read all things possible. Please keep those of us in the medical profession in your T’s and P’s. Mandatory lockdowns of inpatient workers coming soon IMO.

Other quick updates:

Locally things look marginally better including reducing our presumptive patients in hospital to 26 hospitalized (from 32). Icu from 7 to 3. Hopeful signs hopefully. Do not quite know what to make out of current numbers.

Nationally: not much to update from last evening. Still short on testing nationwide but IgM and IgG testing appears to be promising and hopefully soon approved. This means we can tell if you are actively infected versus you already been infected and have some immunity to the virus. Also with quicker turnaround hopefully.

international: Not much except possible combination of chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine with azithromycin being possibly effective.

Some bad news: the average lifespan from being placed on ventilator to death is around 7 days,

Italy’s numbers will continue to grow.

still with significant testing shortage worldwide. But things look promising.

If you have questions, I will try to answer to the best of my ability. Also, if one of you will DM me, I will forward some very informative info regarding numbers and you can post at will. I tried to figure it out and don’t care to learn at this point how to post pics.

To all my friends that have figured out who I am through my posting, I honestly never knew all of you were here.

I have shaved my large beard and decided upon the Zappa facial hair style to fit in my mask for the time being. My wife is not fond of my current appearance.

See y’all in a couple of days. This feels like a bourbon fueled deer Facebook post...TLDR

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News