ADVERTISEMENT

So, mask requirements coming back to Auburn, starting Jan 3

giphy.gif

Glad I didn’t have basketball tickets. It is amazing to me that people believe that a virus, that cannot be stopped by three doses of a vaccine, can be slowed by a little cloth mask. Because unless you’re using an N 95 mask, it’s not doing anything to help you. This isn’t based on science. This is overreaction insanity fueled by mental illness that is rampant across the country, and created by a medical community that has sent numerous mixed messages, much of it politically motivated. And spread though a media community that salivates at any opportunity to oppress the masses.

regardless of vaccination status.

SMDH.

Yeah, I just don’t know how much it’ll help. I still wear a mask when I go into crowded places like grocery stores. And masks absolutely do help. But mask mandates… or so sure. Because you have people who mask anyway wearing them regardless, and those that don’t want to will either ignore it, or wear it such that it isn’t effective. Probably best to move on from those mandates.

Yeah, I just don’t know how much it’ll help. I still wear a mask when I go into crowded places like grocery stores. And masks absolutely do help. But mask mandates… or so sure. Because you have people who mask anyway wearing them regardless, and those that don’t want to will either ignore it, or wear it such that it isn’t effective. Probably best to move on from those mandates.

Fitted N95 masks help. The flimsy masks that many people are wearing (usually incorrectly)…not so much.

People are just pissed off in general. You could tell someone they could walk a mile to never get coronavirus and they’d bitch about the distance.

Fitted N95 masks help. The flimsy masks that many people are wearing (usually incorrectly)…not so much.

I use KF94 masks (basically the Korean version of N95). They’re comfortable and work well. If you watch an NBA game and see players wearing matching black masks, it is probably the KF94. Though I have white ones. Any mask that covers your mouth and nose helps a bit, but yeah you really need a well-fitting N95 or similar to really make a big impact.

Reactions: griffna
Mask do not help--there are over 50 peer reviewed studies published that say mask DO NOT HELP---you ever see someone with a cotton mask on when there is tear gas? those particles are much bigger than a virus

Reactions: adam_tiger13
You get the leadership you vote for…
I agree in principle, but I’d like to point out that in this particular case, those making the recommendations to AU were unelected (specifically that spineless turd, Scott Harris).

Mask do not help--there are over 50 peer reviewed studies published that say mask DO NOT HELP---you ever see someone with a cotton mask on when there is tear gas? those particles are much bigger than a virus
How many peer reviewed studies say they do work? Also do these ~50 studies distinguish which types of masks are in question and the way that they are worn? I’d also rethink that tear gas argument next time

Reactions: stutsman23

Well I mean you’re wrong. And I already know that no amount of logic will help. So it is what it is. But I tell you what, next time you have surgery, why don’t you request the surgeon not wear a mask. Or maybe go around a cancer hospital and tell all these cancer patients in masks, and their doctors, that they don’t work.

Anyway, I’ll wait for your to post the 50 peer reviewed articles that say they don’t work. Actually, I will make it easier, how about just post 10? I’ll be happy to read them over. Pretty sure they either don’t exist or you’ve massively misunderstood what they say.

Last edited:
Reactions: adam_tiger13
Well I mean you’re wrong. And I already know that no amount of logic will help. So it is what it is. But I tell you what, next time you have surgery, why don’t you request the surgeon not wear a mask. Or maybe go around a cancer hospital and tell all these cancer patients in masks, and their doctors, that they don’t work.

Anyway, I’ll wait for your to post the 50 peer reviewed articles that say they don’t work. Actually, I tell make it easier, how about just post 10? I’ll be happy to read them over. Pretty sure they either don’t exist or you’ve massively misunderstood what they say.
You beat me to the surgeon argument lol. Always found it baffling that people who have had surgery say masks don’t work.

Reactions: MattAU05
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT