ADVERTISEMENT

So last night, I was stopped at a red light near downtown Nashville, & a motorcycle hit me at 70mph

NashTiger in WilCo

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
I looked up and saw him in the rear view mirror before impact. I saw the bike wobble slightly and then straighten as it headed right at me, then flinched

Pretty much dead on impact, wasn't breathing when I got out, convulsed a little few times. Knocked my trunk inside out and lifted the frame and axle a bit, so my brand new car is probably totaled.

He could have gone around me into a turn lane, he could have gone to the other side up onto a sidewalk. My first thought when I looked up was"how can I get out of his way?". Survivors Guilt is real, I spent all night vascillating between being enraged at how stupid and reckless and selfish he was (and his buddies are), and feeling bad that I didn't feel bad enough for him, and then trying to figure out how he could and should have avoided me, because I keep coming back to my first instinct "I need to get out of his way", which I know was physically impossible.

I had just cussed out some motorcyclists weaving thru traffic on the interstate. That's bad enough, and then these jackholes try to drive down main avenues at 70+, twice the speed limit. And I guess he didn't even bother to look in the direction he was going. He might have been trying to ditch at the very last instant, because he hit me low, and his body took the full brunt of the car, and he flopped over on his back right where my bumper used to be, instead of sailing over the top of my car. Worst of all, his buddy who was trailing him in this little race pulled up beside us, and then sped off without even checking on his friend or me.

Motorcycles are a fcvkin terrible idea, especially in Urban areas. They attracts idiots with no concept of the rules who endanger themselves and everyone in the vicinity, or they are not visible enough and do get cut off frequently and are killed or maimed because their bodies are exposed and become missiles. Either way, just terrible ideas in congested cities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News