ADVERTISEMENT

So I was in Orlando for a few days last week. We had …

Stumpfan

QUALITY AND QUANTITY
Gold Member
Feb 14, 2003
…2 days of Disney passes to use as the hurricane made us leave early in Sept. I have to say that it was weird to have multiple employees (not Disney) not being able to speak English. I think it’s easier to deal with if you know this going in.

Story #1: The McDonald’s near the Disney properties is the nicest McDonald’s I’ve ever been to. My daughter wanted it as she didn’t eat enough dinner. I asked for 6 ketchup packets. I got 2. Had to go back in. It hit me the lady didn’t understand how many I wanted so it was weird. I go inside. Every employee was Latino and mostly female. Starting wage was $15 an hour. Signs everywhere.

Story 2: Had to go to Walmart as we stayed two nights at cheap Disney place (movie resort?). They didn’t let thermostat go below 68 degrees. Fvck that. I need a small fan. Lol. I ask a lady where the fans are. She holds up phone as a translator. lol. 95% of employees Latino women. Didn’t see signs on wages though but I’m sure $15 is standard. Had to ask another younger female and she spoke English. Fvcking fans are in hardware instead of home goods. Wtf.

Anyway, I don’t know what this says about Orlando, our economy, Latinos or whites/blacks, etc. It was definitively different though from what I’m used to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News