ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: ATL Recs

WidespreadPanic92

Second Team
Oct 17, 2017
As a Metro Atlanta native, I figured I'd share some of my favorite spots in town for those making the trek for the SEC Championship. Feel free to add on to this list, Enjoy ATL, and beat the Dawgs!!

Transportation: Do yourself a favor and take Marta to the Benz. All stations with parking decks have free 24 hour parking. Uber is great, but, ATL traffic is unforgiving especially with major events in town. Pro Tip: (If you're flying in for the game, Marta has a hub at Hartsfield jackson)

Bar and Restaurants:

The Bucket Shop Cafe: It's located across the street from Lenox Mall in Buckhead. This watering hole is the official ATL Auburn club bar.

Taco Mac: It's a true Atlanta staple for wings and adult beverages. Try the queso as an appetizer, the tortillas that come with it are strong.

Tacqueria Del Sol- There are a few locations scattered around the Metro area. The Margaritas are declious and their taco selection covers all the bases.

Atkins Park Tavern: If you venture your way into the Va-Highlands area this place is great for CFB watching and having a casual drink with friends.

Diesel Filling Station: Solid Auburn Bar in Highlands area.

Ormsbys: Bar in West Midtown with a full bocce ball court, skee ball machines, and fantastic apps.

Hals & or Bones- If you're looking for an upscale steakhouse experience, I would recommend these two locations in Buckhead. Canoe is also a great choice.

Concerts and Breweries:

Dead and Company- Revamped version of the Grateful Dead play at Phillips Arena Wednesday evening if you're in town.

Monday Night Brewing- MNB recently opened a new tap room on the Belt line. MNB and Sweetwater in are two of my favorites.

The Belt Line: New walking path in Atlanta that includes Ponce City Market, Krog Street Market and some other fun spots.

Reactions: FarmTiger22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News