ADVERTISEMENT

Rewatched the first half defense highlights

crococile22

CALL ME "CROCKY POO"
Gold Member
Jul 9, 2019

i think our linebackers deserve a lot more flak than the DBs to be honest with ya

almost every big play is from linebacker miscommunication or mistackles

also looked like champ anthony was playing more cb than nickel especially first 2 drives?

mcleod just looks out of place, mausi and asante missed tackles.

on the big seam route for UNM's second drive (@5:40) looks like asante goes to cover the flat when champ had it covered. jerrin misses a chip block but looks like asante was supposed to be on him? overall just not great

we keep asking keys to simulate pressure and he goes in but doesnt do enough to draw a lineman + he doesnt drop back enough to cover space. just does nothing and looks uncomfortable

on the massive play on the scramble (@6:50) asante bumps his guy and then releases him to go chase qb + antonio kite releases his guya s well to chase the qb letting both guys get open in same space. never seen anything like it

gonna rewatch 2nd half and see what adjustments we made. linebackers definately look like biggest problem on the big plays to me though. not sure why we're playing mcleod in the middle. i kinda get keys being the bigger body but mcleod is our best pressure guy

pff has asante's coverage skill really high but i think his man gets away on a couple of these big plays. makes me wonder if coverage grade is solely yards after catch on mistackles? doesnt seem like its looking at who theyre actually covering

@Docdumpsta @ricedp105 @stutsman23 @Ruxpin @Boisgreat

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.