ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING Quick note on RB recruiting

Ben Wolk

THE NOTORIOUS M.B.G.
Jul 31, 2018
Spoke to a source last night who essentially reiterated what I said in a previous thread about Auburn willing to be patient on Noah Cain. Here are the main RB tidbits I took from that conversation:

• Auburn thinks Cain’s mom, despite being from Louisiana, likes Auburn as much as anywhere else.
  • Auburn feels that Week 3 matchup against LSU can be a major selling point.
  • While they’re willing to be patient, Auburn expects to hear more conclusive answers from Cain before his eventual December public announcement.
  • If they do miss on Cain, one name to track — that I didn’t include in my Wednesday insider — is Nebraska commit Ronald Thompkins. Thompkins is high school teammates with Auburn commits Owen Pappoe and Jakai Clark. When he committed to Nebraska, shortly after his first Plains visit this spring, Auburn made it clear it was still strongly interested, but the Tigers want to see how he looks/runs coming off an ACL injury. Thompkins looked great early last season (go check out film from opener vs. Hoover). If he returns to form, you could see Auburn push. Just wanted that name to be on your radar.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News