ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers requested please

JWalker72

POSITIVELY POSITIVE
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2012
Andalusia, AL
I try not to do this here but circumstances are a little scary; I leave for Haiti tomorrow morning on a mission trip. It's my 4th trip and things have almost always gone fairly well. This year, however, the missionaries who have served there since the earthquake are no longer there. To make matters more stressful, I'm leading this trip, which I've never done, and it's me, one more dude, and 11 women and teenage girls, seven of whom have never been to a 3rd world country. Haiti may be 4th world... We will be teaching Vacation Bible School in the mornings and English as a second language in the evenings. How the transportation, food, relations with the translators and protection will work I have no idea. And while I certainly trust God, I also believe He chooses to respond to our prayers. How all that meshes together with His Sovereign Will I admittedly have no clue.

So for those who share my Christian faith, please pray for guidance, endurance, health (big malaria flare-up over there right now) and for my soon-to-be replaced knee to hold up. And pray that we will represent Jesus in a manner pleasing to Him.

For those who don't share my faith, good thoughts and well-wishes would be greatly appreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News