ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Practice observations...

BryanMatthews

ANIMATED GIF MASTER
Staff
May 9, 2014
Auburn, AL
auburn.rivals.com
Not much to report today. They didn't do any team drills before we left so didn't get to look at how the first and second-teams lined up. Here's what I saw...

** With Mike Horton doing some special teams work, the 1st team OL lined up like this: LT Tega, LG Harrell, C Kim, RG Hamm, RT Driscoll. That's been pretty consistent this spring with Hamm filling in as the 6th OL, or at least Horton's backup.

** Nick Coe got work with the 2nd team at DL. In one drill the 1st was: Marlon, Truesdell, Brown and Moultry.

** Javaris Davis was out of his orange jersey today.

** We did get to see some full contact 1-on-1 Tiger drills. It was hard to see who was battling who but it ended with Zion Puckett getting the best of Seth Williams, which got the defense fired up. Keep in mind, Williams had gone at least three times before including twice in a row. Guys I saw win the drill included: Seth, Roger McCreary, Malcolm Askew, DJ Williams, Jamien Sherwood, Shedrick Jackson, Tyler Fromm and Traivon Leonard. I only saw about half of them, maybe less due to them being in a circle with a large crowd around them.

** Former Auburn 2020 DL commitment Andy Boykin was here today. Looked to be having a good time hanging with the DL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News