• Legit racism

Votes: 131 44.1%
  • Staged by his crew

Votes: 70 23.6%
  • Staged by NASCAR to get more support for their decision on the flag

Votes: 96 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do not understand why people believe this is fake?

lots of reasons...and i say that as someone who would never deny racism is still alive and well

1. rational white folks don't want to believe there are still people so dumb and hateful that they would do something so overt (a naive but innocent thought)
2. white people are getting called racist from all angles so human nature sets in and the defense mechanisms come out
3. there are countless incidents in the current political and social climate where it has been proven that folks have done things to make certain groups look bad
4. jussie smollet

lots of reasons...and i say that as someone who would never deny racism is still alive and well

1. rational white folks don't want to believe there are still people so dumb and hateful that they would do something so overt (a naive but innocent thought)
2. white people are getting called racist from all angles so human nature sets in and the defense mechanisms come out
3. there are countless incidents in the current political and social climate where it has been proven that folks have done things to make certain groups look bad
4. jussie smollet

JUICY SMOLIER was enough said.

being that there is no one allowed in the infield right now except: Team members, NASCAR crew, drivers, skeleton crew of folks in the media, and Talladega Super Speedway employees.... it won't be random Randy from Bessemer that just "caint staind thu durecshun NICECAR iz heddin' ".

I promise you Talladega Super Speedway has a hired a few Randy's in it's time.

Reactions: Torqued
They never stopped saying it was faked and refuse to acknowledge incidents at all.

Most are downright glib about it.
I didn’t start this to say it’s fake but the amount of downright LIES that have been told by the media has caused a huge amount of skepticism among folks that feel unjustly attacked en masse.

Reactions: Ruxy Poo
There are so many unanswered questions regarding this incident.

Who found the noose? Did they leave it and notify authorities to investigate. Was it documented so a proper investigation can occur. What is the time frame from when the noose was not there to when it was discovered.

Was it an actual noose? Just last week reports came out of a noose found in an Oakland park. The mayor insisted racism was alive and well in her city. It was actually a swing that a black man hung in a tree that he and his friends used working out.

It's sad that we even have to ask these questions but how many times can people be fooled before we take a step back and say lets look at this before we assign motive.

Here are the scenarios that come to top of my mind.
1.) Racism- Someone is upset about the confederate flag being barred from the track and did this to show their outrage and promote their ignorant ideology.

2.) Further an alternative agenda- An ally of the "anti racist" crowd did it to sway public opinion to prove that NASCAR is needing to take additional steps beyond current steps. I am sure a lot of people were furious seeing that plane fly around yesterday and that could have lead someone to make a foolish decision.

3.) Savior Complex- This is why it's important to find out who discovered the noose and determine the actions that followed. Someone is wanting to be the hero of the day and it is often found in volunteers who are desperately seeking the approval and validation of professionals in the field that they are desiring to be a part of so they stage a scene and make the big discovery themselves.

It is heinous and disgusting in any of the scenarios I mentioned above.

Reactions: AlaRican
It still amazes me the lengths people will go to in order to argue that real racism doesn't exist on any significant level in this country.
That's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it but many including myself are amazed at the "lengths" people will go to in order to argue racism does exist on any significant level in this country. Perhaps you can list the countries which have done as much as our great country for minorities and continues to do so. Maybe you should educate yourself with facts (or as biden prefers... truth) and focus more so upon the 100 persons of color shot in Chicago this weekend alone resulting in a minimum of 14 deaths including a beautiful 3 year old child. I get it, this doesn't fit the dem's/propaganda press (one & the same) narrative which chooses to focus on "systemic" racism and the faults of the greatest country with which God has blessed a people... The United States of America. An truly AUsome and Exceptional Republic.

Drivers want to legit quit NASCAR over the flag thing(Bubba pushed for it) but they can’t(it’s there lives...they are famous or on their way)
I’ve been down there many times tho, there isn’t a blind spot anywhere even to take a piss. It’s on camera if true

if the majority of drivers actually want to quit NASCAR over the flag thing then i hope they enjoy the last few years of their sport being a thing...fans doing what they want is one thing, the professionals who represent the sport is quite different

Drivers want to legit quit NASCAR over the flag thing(Bubba pushed for it) but they can’t(it’s there lives...they are famous or on their way)
I’ve been down there many times tho, there isn’t a blind spot anywhere even to take a piss. It’s on camera if true
Unless I've missed it, wasn't it just one dude who nobody had ever heard of that claimed he was "quitting" over the flag thing?

Don't forget, Bubba Wallace drives for a legendary team that is way past its prime in regards to the best equipment. He needs some additional sponsors ASAP. Also, he got into a tussle while iRacing during the shutdown (rage quit during an irace) and I think lost some sponsors. A racist act against him could get him additional sponsorship

..have they actually confirmed it's a noose, or is this another example of fake outrage like the tree swing?
Looks like a noose to me...

71SQXmgvRJL._AC_SX425_.jpg

He probably is pulling a smollett
I don't follow NASCAR, but Bubba Wallace has had a reputation as a pretty stand up guy and not very controversial, right? I don't think there is any reason to point fingers at him unless there is evidence to support that, and I am unaware of any of that. This could be legit racism/hate by some confederate flag goober. It also could be a "false flag" type thing by somebody else. Both are more likely than it being staged by Wallace, IMO. As others have noted, it should be easy to investigate and find out exactly who did it.

Looks like a noose to me...

71SQXmgvRJL._AC_SX425_.jpg

you must be taking ques from the Mayor of Oakland. (i kid)

back story: 5 exercise ropes were hung from a tree in an Oakland park by a black man and they were there for months...many people used the ropes to exercise and came forward saying so when the "racist nooses" were "found" and condemned publicly by the mayor. the mayor then doubled down on calling out this heinous act of using ropes for exercise even after finding out the man was black and after everyone said they were used for exercise. police are doing a full investigation and the FBI has been alerted. no i am not joking about the police and FBI.

you must be taking ques from the Mayor of Oakland. (i kid)

back story: 5 exercise ropes were hung from a tree in an Oakland park by a black man and they were there for months...many people used the ropes to exercise and came forward saying so when the "racist nooses" were "found" and condemned publicly by the mayor. the mayor then doubled down on calling out this heinous act of using ropes for exercise even after finding out the man was black and after everyone said they were used for exercise. police are doing a full investigation and the FBI has been alerted. no i am not joking about the police and FBI.
FYI I posted the picture of this above. Looks like an old ski rope, not a noose..but in 2020 everything is offensive.

It still amazes me the lengths people will go to in order to argue that real racism doesn't exist on any significant level in this country.
It's always going to exist, it will never go away. Drug addiction will never go away, child molesters will never go away, cereal killers will never go away, drug dealers will never go away, lot's of shit will never go away. You cannot pass laws to make any of this go away. I know of no one who says racism does not exist. Racism exists on all races, not just black.

..well it's California..so. :D. Seriously though looks like someone took an old ski rope and wrapped it around a tree.
Made no sense to put them in a tree, but at first glance they looked like those bungee cord workout band things to me. Really can't imagine walking past that and getting triggered.

Reactions: ricedp105
racism exists in every country, but i wish they would rename it majorityism. it is as disingenuous to believe it doesn’t exist as it is to believe that white people are the only people on earth capable of it. in every country on earth, systemic oppression of ethnic minorities by whatever the ethnic majority is occurs. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

racism has two branches: people who for whatever stupid and unfounded reason believe they are better than someone else on the basis of race, and a systemic structure that benefits the majority at the expense of the minority(use).

i believe the former is becoming more rare, but it does exist because stupid and evil people exist. the latter will always exist. studies have shown that kids as young as 6 years old gravitate to their own race (develop preference) and away from other races. this isn’t learned behavior, it’s inherent. that expression follows all facets of society as people age, and in a majority situation results in the levers of power, business, and representation tilted toward those who share the same race.

Well stated. This view is useful because it provides a reasonable explanation for the beliefs of people who want to reduce the latter through government action. Those of us who share your view agree it's a problem, we just differ on how it should be addressed.

FYI I posted the picture of this above. Looks like an old ski rope, not a noose..but in 2020 everything is offensive.

ready for some crazy irony regarding the oakland mayor?

apparently someone made a fake body and hung it from a tree in the same park 1 day after the "nooses" were found (very conspicuous)

this is what she had to say: Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf tweeted a statement on Thursday saying the effigy was "a deliberate and vile attempt to traumatize and divide Oaklanders."

yet this dumbass went public crying racism b/c a black man was using ropes to exercise...so who is really dividing the people Libby?

That's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it but many including myself are amazed at the "lengths" people will go to in order to argue racism does exist on any significant level in this country. Perhaps you can list the countries which have done as much as our great country for minorities and continues to do so. Maybe you should educate yourself with facts (or as biden prefers... truth) and focus more so upon the 100 persons of color shot in Chicago this weekend alone resulting in a minimum of 14 deaths including a beautiful 3 year old child. I get it, this doesn't fit the dem's/propaganda press (one & the same) narrative which chooses to focus on "systemic" racism and the faults of the greatest country with which God has blessed a people... The United States of America. An truly AUsome and Exceptional Republic.

Good friend of mine is from Haiti. He told me the other day that Americans don't know anything about true racism and hate anymore. Go to Haiti and see some real truth.

Reactions: PirateJoe1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT