ADVERTISEMENT

Please forgive a father's pride...

rthomas14

BUNKER SOCIAL CHAIR
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2007
today was a wonderful day in the Thomas family. We spent the day in Auburn celebrating my daughter's graduation from AU. We spent the afternoon loading a truck with all her stuff. Some of her clothes still smell like Owen from 4 years ago, but it seems like 4 months. For all you dad's with young sons and daughters, always take part in the tea parties and no matter how tired you are, go out and throw the ball when they ask. Look for opportunities to be a part o their lives, but on their level. Don't always make them meet you on yours. You'll blink one day and they'll be grown, graduating from AU, getting married and moving to Charlotte (well that's at least my story)
There's no dad more proud or more greatly blessed than am I. I've watched both of my kids walk that stage in he last 12 months. I've watch one of them follow God's call to the other side of the world and the other do the same thing with her new husband in Charlotte.
Today was a good day! It was an emotional day full of memories and realizations of the changes ahead, but it was a really good day.

Thank you for your patience and for looking the other way while this old man engages in a little self-indulgence.

War Damn Eagle Anna Thomas! Well done!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News