ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Player interview quick notes...

BryanMatthews

ANIMATED GIF MASTER
Staff
May 9, 2014
Auburn, AL
auburn.rivals.com
We speak with Bo Nix and Anders Carlson today. Click refresh, will continue to update...

BO NIX

** On having the same number of passing yards at Pat Nix: That's pretty cool and even better knowing I'm going to beat him eventually. Blessed to be a part of something he was a part of and so many others.

** This offense allows more check downs and more route combinations. Excited to have new guys at WR. They'll get better as the season goes on and they gain experience. Excited to have an experienced OL back. Can get a lot of players involved in passing game from WRs to TEs. Have got a lot of reps with each other in offseason.

** Pre-snap is where there will be the most significant difference. I'll know what to do and where to go with the football based off the coverage. I like how are schemes fit the different looks.

** Excited to be in front of large crowd again. The atmosphere will be back to how college football is supposed to be. The vibe around team is extremely positive. Tired of hitting each other, ready for Saturday.

** A key will be to find what we're comfortable with on offense and get in a rhythm. Having these two games before the big PSU game is important to build confidence, build a foundation.

** Quite a bit of things he's implemented around athletic complex like not taking elevator unless you're injured. Coach Harsin is very detailed and has his way of doing things. The flow of practice is different.

** The competition with T.J. made both of them better. Was confident the whole time, made me better.

** The RBs have had a good camp of getting out of the backfield and catching the ball.

** He woke like it was gameday when he proposed. He was more comfortable preposing than on gameday because in a game you never know what they're going to bring. He was confident in her answer.

** Probably some growing pains with the OL the first couple of games as they adapt to new system. Communication will be a key.

** Overall team speed on defense is really good. Can see a difference schematically. They have a lot of experience and an elite LB corps.

ANDERS CARLSON

** Extremely excited to be playing in a packed-out stadium. There's nothing like having the environment and the fans.

** Oscar Chapman is crushing it. He's got a great work ethic. He's a lot more deliberate about practice.

** Likes kicking in the J-H Stadium. Practice can get a little competitive.

** Have done a lot of work on kick coverage and kickoff return. Worked it in all the scrimmages. Special teams is a priority under Harsin. Have starters on all the teams making plays.

** Trying to perfect everything they do with snapper and holder. Gives him a lot of confidence when those guys work like a machine.

** Mentions to coach that senior year would be a good time for him to get that touchdown like Daniel. I'll keep pushing it. We'll see if it happens.

** Has been working his range back to 55-60.

**Didn't have a TV for a while growing up. Dad wanted us playing outside. We got a dog instead. Sesame Street was playing in the background of one of the media on Zoom and Anders said he's never watched it.

*****THAT'S ALL*****

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News