ADVERTISEMENT

Our fans drank the Kool-Aid

Tigercatch

First Round Draft Pick
Jan 20, 2002
Fort Lauderdale (Las Olas)
Now I admit that our team has talent, and I think if we play to our potential, we can win the SEC and make the playoff. But this is the SEC. Every game is tough, and every team has talent. It comes down to execution, team chemistry, coaching, and getting the breaks in big games. Remember that we are less than a year removed from losing our last 4 games ( I don't count Samford). Anyway, we have reason to be optimistic for sure, but our fans are on every website (AU Family, Saturday Down South, etc etc) that I have been on, talking about how great we are, putting down other teams, and predicting scores with Louisville of 50-7, 48-10 etc. Now this is clearly opposite from our fanbase's usual approach, who usually takes a more negative/wait and see approach. So MAYBE it is good we have some attitude and confidence for once! However, I personally prefer to be cautiously optimistic. After all, Muschamp is a great coach, but he isn't a miracle worker. We are in his first season, and we have to bring it the first game. Anyway, I've seen a ton of cocky AU fans talking about our greatness. And I just hope we live up to the hype and don't have a 2003 type meltdown. But then again, we had HUGH NALL coaching the offense. So forget that comparison!

Last edited:
Reactions: Plainsman'90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News