ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Woodstock '99 Netflix Doc/What was everyone so pissed off about during the 90's?

AuburnPanic40

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2020
Dawsonville/Dunwoody, GA
Watched the Netflix documentary on the shitshow that was Woodstock '99 and couldn't believe some of the shit I was watching. Seems like Woodstock 99' was the singularity event of 1990's youth culture; rage, violence, resentment, angst, etc. I guess I just find this confusing because from the perspective of somebody who didn't live through it the 1990's look like they should've been the 1950's 2.0. No major wars outside of the Gulf War which was a resounding victory, the economy was doing well, no major social/cultural struggles, race relations were improving for the most part, no immigration crisis like today, and the threat of nuclear war/war with a near peer adversary became non-existent after the fall of the USSR. What exactly was there to even be pissed off about?

All of this is coming from somebody who was born in 1998 and did not live through the decade, so I could be completely misreading cultural vibe of the decade but I just find all of it kind of strange.

Reactions: Huff664
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News