ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Lost another dog. Any Pomeranian breeders here?

Solo Tigre

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2021
Long before we met, Mrs. Tigre got a Pomeranian. They share the same birthday. Shortly after, she adopted another 1-2yo Pom from an elderly couple. The older one passed away a couple weeks ago....on their birthday.

This made the second dog I've buried in the last 14 months. Her "brother" is having a hard time adjusting without her, he has to have melatonin to relax enough to sleep at night. He's also 15 and I'm afraid he won't be around too much longer. And when he goes, Mrs. Tigre will be a complete mess.

Against every fiber of my better judgement, I'm considering getting a new puppy for the mental health of Mrs. Tigre and our remaining dog. I'd rather wait until Baby Tigre was a little older but, if I wait, MT may just take it upon herself to do it anyway.

So, are there any Pomeranian breeders amongst us, or do you know of one? Preferably within 200 miles of the hsv/decatur area? Personally I'm not a big fan of toy breeds, so the ideal would be a "throwback" Pom. These are larger dogs (14-30 lbs,) closer to the original breed in size. They occasionally pop up in litters of small dogs as a recessive genetic trait, but there are some breeders who specialize in them. The former would be better for us. Generally the small dog breeders don't charge as much for an anomaly as the ones who breed specifically for it. It's a long-shot, but maybe I'll get lucky.

TIA, here are a a few examples.
iu

iu

iu

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.