ADVERTISEMENT

OT: IJA Unit 731 (NSFW)

AuburnPanic40

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2020
Dawsonville/Dunwoody, GA
NOT POLITICAL: I still don’t understand how the perpetrators didn’t go insane like the German SS Einsatzgruppen eventually did (it was part of the reason why the Germans industrialized the Holocaust). I’d argue some of their experiments exceeds the depravity of the Nazis, the barbarity and sadism of the Axis during the war remains almost incomprehensible for me. Also can’t believe the US granted some of the perpetrators immunity despite having knowledge of their crimes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

Part of me wonders if the capacity for that kind of evil is cultural and would reemerge in Germany and Japan if the opportunity presented itself. Imo that idea is part of the reason why the western allies forced the Germans to eradicate preußische Tugenden/Militarismus from their political culture and the Bundeswehr. One could anlso argue it’s also had an adverse effect in the long-run of making the contemporary German state and people extremely weak and lethargic both politically and militarily.

I don’t think we were quite so heavy handed with Japan outside of the inclusion of a clause in their constitution mandating a pacifist and non-interventionist orientation for the reorganized JSDF.

Reactions: AUTaxMan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.