ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss & aTm are more for formidable opponents than I believed last week

countrylawyer

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Apr 18, 2003
last week I thought both were beginning to have issues, now they both looked much better this weekend.

Yes, we can still beat them, but they both suddenly have more confidence in themselves. Everything went right for aTm in their game against USCe. They seemed to get every break in the book in that game. They get next week off, and that means two weeks to prepare for us.

IMHO this makes the Auburn- Ole Miss game even bigger. Our Defense has to really step it up a notch or two this week. I believe our offense can get 31 on them, but is that going to be enough. I was surprised at how ineffective the LSU running game was, against the Ole Miss defense. We struggled to beat LSU there, and Ole Miss slaughtered them in Oxford. LSU started that game really well, controlling the clock. But, not getting the 4th and goal, seemed to take the wind out of their sails, and give Ole Miss new energy. I don't necessarily disagree with going for the TD and skipping the field goal as we all knew Ole Miss is going to score a lot of points. But you've got to make those.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News