ADVERTISEMENT

*** Official BRAVES Thread!! '21 WS Champs! 2024 Season ***

Wright has the stuff to be so good which makes these self induced hiccups so frustrating

Reactions: bp4au
This is 100% mental for Kyle Wright. He looks like he’s panicking after every pitch.

Imagine if fans were there. He’s obviously got the stuff, but he’s got to figure it out mentally. Glad we got out of that with minimal damage.

This is 100% mental for Kyle Wright. He looks like he’s panicking after every pitch.

Imagine if fans were there. He’s obviously got the stuff, but he’s got to figure it out mentally. Glad we got out of that with minimal damage.

I think you nailed it better then I was trying to. He objectively has better stuff then Touki/Newk/Wilson.

He really should be in a position where he could learn while being a #5 but unfortunately the rest of the Braves rotation has made that impossible.

Reactions: WoSDWDE and bp4au
I'm just not sure how long you can justify not giving Tucker a start at this point. Wilson doesn't have the pitches to be a starter and Wright isn't the right guy for the Braves situation right now. You legitimately have nothing to lose.

Reactions: bp4au and penya87
He legitimately walked a guy in the time it took me to make a new drink.

But also the Braves could have (and should have) started Fried tonight. You just have to start him every 5th day at this point.
That run is 100% on Snit putting Wright back out there, when he was clearly not up for it.

That run is 100% on Snit putting Wright back out there, when he was clearly not up for it.
I’m going to disagree.. you got to get these guys reps. You got to work them in ways that is pushing the limits.. we legitimately have one pitcher in our rotation. Not on Snit to push these young guys. We got to get something out of them.

I'm 100% for trashing Snit but I'm not even sure I can blame him for trying to pull another inning out of Wright when you are basically having to throw 4 bullpen games in a row at this point.

Reactions: WoSDWDE and penya87
I’m going to disagree.. you got to get these guys reps. You got to work them in ways that is pushing the limits.. we legitimately have one pitcher in our rotation. Not on Snit to push these young guys. We got to get something out of them.

Wright should be a #5 with the room to have this kind of start every 5th day.

Unfortunately that's not the case and frankly he probably should be optioned back to Gwinnett after tonight.

Reactions: penya87 and bp4au
Lmao garbage defense really has given the Marlins two runs this inning.

But that play is clearly on the catcher and not Swanson.

Wright was absolutely shot man.

Reactions: bobo16 and WoSDWDE
Wright was absolutely shot man.

Maybe.. but it’s the 4th inning. You can’t burn your bullpen because the 3rd pitcher in the rotation can’t get through 4. Just have to work him. If he was at 85 pitches, then yeah but he was at 60. Got to get more from him. Got to think he can come in and go back out.

Anyway wasn't a particularly big fan of Kranitz when he was hired and his complete inability to develop a single pitcher has done nothing to change my mind.

I'd be pro turning it all over to Mike Maroth tomorrow.

Maybe.. but it’s the 4th inning. You can’t burn your bullpen because the 3rd pitcher in the rotation can’t get through 4. Just have to work him. If he was at 85 pitches, then yeah but he was at 60. Got to get more from him. Got to think he can come in and go back out.
Mentally shot more than physically shot. He looked lost at the end of the 3rd.

If we are acknowledging that the season is looking more and more bleak by the day and they're okay with turning it into an extended spring training, then I'm on board with that. Get the young guys going and make them learn.

Mentally shot more than physically shot. He looked lost at the end of the 3rd.
I get that.. but I just feel that this is one of those things were you push him to through it.

We have to develop these young guys in a hurry. There is really not much help on the way.

If we are acknowledging that the season is looking more and more bleak by the day and they're okay with turning it into an extended spring training, then I'm on board with that. Get the young guys going and make them learn.

I would trade a playoff appearance for Snits job.

He isn't capable of managing this team to a playoff series win anyway.

It’s not necessarily acknowledging that its bleak but rather our rotation is.. you got to push these guys.

Matt Joyce has a better bat and glove then Nick and would have been 3 million dollars cheaper.

(he also wouldn't have opted out for the first two weeks of the year)

Respect to Ender for at least knowing his arm isn't capable of throwing out a guy at home.

I just lol'd at Duvall's throw to the plate. That dude looks like he should throw lasers and he can't throw it 50 ft.

Reactions: Theshadow02
How shallow was Joyce playing? And that says all you need to know about Ender. Dude was at little league depth.

You stat guys - when was the last time Luke threw a 1-2-3 inning? September 2018?

Reactions: peace0087
You stat guys - when was the last time Luke threw a 1-2-3 inning? September 2018?
9/25/19 to be exact!

This also made me go check the game log for the nlds which made me made at Freeman for being selfish all over again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT