ADVERTISEMENT

Notes From practice last week and Saturday scrimmage

AGGL

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2009
1. Defense--DEFENSE AUBURN DEFENSE--will be LEGIT! Front 7 will be as good as we have seen in several years at AU. No more having to worry if CL is hurt or out of the game. Several guys there to take the slack. MD will play this year. TW is going to be very VERY good. DD has the best LB instincts of all of them. CKS has coached all over the country (AL, LSU, Neb, Okl) and says DD can play at any of them. DW will be a player. Back end: CD and JD will be 2 of the SEC's best and SR, RF, NR, TM will be just fine at Safety.

2. Offense, well it all depends on the QB! (newsflash right??) For the life of me, I can't understand why they keep giving JJ reps at practice. Doesn't make sense. SW is clearly the best! CLEARLY! JFIII will have a package. SW has the it factor, and the coaches believe "he will give us a chance to win every game!" Dude could float a duck out for an easy pick six and you can tell he thinks it was just a fluke! OL: couldnt get a good read cause they consistently get that tail whipped! That's what you want to see in Spring ball! But I do like CHH! He has CGM ear and ain't afraid to speak his mind to the head guy! High energy highly voacl OL Coach with ton of gap scheme experience. RB: RT is still, well fragile. JR will be fine but is a headache to deal with. KJ was held out, and might our best. He's a DOG! WR: well there is just nothing spectacular out there. No big play guys IMHO.. KD looks the part for sure but ain't live yet. TS caught long TD...Too many small guys IMO....

3. The biggest and best thing I can take is that the culture of Auburn Football has changed, and changed for the better!! I'm convinced that CWM leaving is the best thing that could've ever happened. Just was not a good fit with he and CGM together. Too different styles. Just leave it at that. CDC finding a new home will help as well. Coaches coaching their tails off. Players receiving instruction with good-great body language. Great deal of teaching going on. I'm sure I've left a ton off, so ask and try to reply later tonight.

I'm not trying to pump too much sunshine. If you've followed my post you know I try to give my best assessment when I can. And like anything, this is just my assessment. Couple it with a roll of nickles and you still can't get a loaf of white bread with it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News