ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING Note on LB Trenton Simpson...

Jeffrey Lee

ZIMA ENTHUSIAST
Jan 25, 2002
Rivals100 linebacker Trenton Simpson will announce his commitment Friday at 3 p.m. CT. Simpson's most recent top five included Auburn, Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee and Miami. He'll commit to one of them Friday afternoon.

Will his choice be Auburn? It remains to be seen, but the buzz has been very positive for Auburn the past few days. There was concern earlier in the week about Simpson having an official visit scheduled this weekend to Georgia, but that visit no longer will happen. That's good news for Auburn. North Carolina's recruitment of Simpson to play running back also is good for Auburn – Simpson wants to play linebacker in college. Simpson was in Auburn on an official visit for Big Cat Weekend and has a very strong bond with Travis Williams.

Auburn has a lot of things working in its favor heading into the announcement. I locked in my Futurecast for Auburn earlier this week and I'm feeling more and more confident in that pick. We'll find out soon enough.

ALSO, I feel very good about Auburn's chances with WR Ze'Vian Capers, LB Desmond Tisdol and DL Jaden Hardy.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News