ADVERTISEMENT

NIH: "ok, yeah, we were doing some sketchy research"

Creed Monster

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 22, 2002
(disclaimer: reasonable attempt at discussing news rationally.)

A top NIH official admitted in a Wednesday letter (to a US Representative) that U.S. taxpayers funded gain-of-function research on bat coronaviruses in Wuhan and revealed that EcoHealth Alliance, the U.S. non-profit that funneled NIH money to the Wuhan Institute of Virology, was not transparent about the work it was doing.

So, this would suggest that Fauci, when he was accusing Rand Paul of being a liar, was the one lying (or had a lack of institutional control). Remember this interaction?

Also, just a few weeks ago, the White House press secretary said that early reports around this were not true.

The Intercept, a left-leaning news outlet, worked on divulging this information with a FOIA request ... so this is quite the bipartisan effort. Personally, I just want the truth out there. To me, it seems pretty likely that this was a lab leak scenario with a joint US/China effort. I don't think it was an intentional leak ... but who can know for sure. Either way, this is not a good look.

Dammit ... this got COVID Corner'd already?! We have all sorts of non-sports posts in the Bunker. Tried my best to be non-inflammatory about actual developments that affect a lot of people.

This was not a run-of-the-mill "post a link to some psycho-conspiracy fringe news site" effort.

I bet @BrianStultz did this.

Reactions: au4life_rz
Dammit ... this got COVID Corner'd already?! We have all sorts of non-sports posts in the Bunker. Tried my best to be non-inflammatory about actual developments that affect a lot of people.

This was not a run-of-the-mill "post a link to some psycho-conspiracy fringe news site" effort.

I bet @BrianStultz did this.
It's a hard and fast rule of JGT's. Post it on Everything Else and you have a (slight) chance of having a decent conversation.

Reactions: Creed Monster
FCQNsnAVQAgFhk3

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT