ADVERTISEMENT

NHL Primer for Predators fans: Tampa Bay Lightning are so good.......

Dammit Lewis

ASK ME ABOUT MY TUB
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2005
Fountain Inn, SC
Goalie Andre Vasilevskiy was going for his third straight shutout tonight. It was blown in garbage time with 1:30 left and up 5 to 0.

Nashville Preds Fans (I know there's a lot of you Preds in the Playoffs fans), here is your NHL primer as we head into the trade deadline. I'm not a Preds fan, but since my Red Wings are tanking on purpose to get dibs on Jack Hughes in the draft, I'll give y'all some information.

My Power Rankings:
1. Tampa Bay Lightning
2. San Jose Sharks
3. Winnipeg Jets
4. Toronto Maple Leafs
5. Calgary Flames
6. New York Islanders (really?.....wtf)
7. Nashville Predators
8. Washington Capitals (low for the defending cup champs)
9. Boston Bruins
10. Columbus Blue Jackets
11. Montreal Canadiens
12. Pittsburgh Penguins
13. Vegas Golden Knights
14. Carolina Hurricanes
15. St Louis Blues (hot, hot, hot)
16. Dallas Stars

On the outside:
17. Buffalo Sabres
18. Philadelphia Flyers
19. Minnesota Wild
20. Colorado Avalanche (went from studs to duds)
21. Chicago Blackhawks (Hot, but maybe too late)

The Preds are too talented not to be a top 5 power rank. Injuries have kept them from gelling and they are winning totally off of talent instead of any type of synergy. That's not necessarily bad. Winning the President's Cup is a sure fire way to lose the Stanley Cup (ie regular season does not equate to post season). They picked Brian Boyle in an early trade a couple weeks ago. Boyle is a versatile giant of a man (6'6 245 lbs). He's a brawler who likes to rough up opponents, but can move up to the second line and score when needed. He's already scored a goal in Yellow. He had cancer last season, but has looked himself this year. If there were a nasty forward in the NHL that I'd want to help secure my bottom 6, he's it. Trade deadline is February 25th and this year is going to see a lot of talent change hands. Be on the lookout for guys like Panarin, Duchene, Stone, Simmonds, Nyquist etc.........

Next time we will talk trade possibilities, eh.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News