ADVERTISEMENT

New fitness question for those who have crossed this bridge

Weagle1492

I'M A FOLLOWER. LOL
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
I'm probably around 22-25% body fat. I've been lifting 4x/week for 2 months now and I'm starting to see real noticeable changes in the way I look, naturally I'd like to be leaner as well. I plan to continue to fuel the maximum muscle growth for the next month before I even attempt to lean down because I'm seeing awesome gains in strength. I hit a plateau after 6 weeks on bench and just broke through this week so I'm super happy. I was stuck on 185x4 for weeks and then Saturday I hit 5 and today I hit it for 6 which is my goal since my set goes 10-8-6 but I wanted that 185 to be the 6.

ANYWAY here's the question: what is the best way I can lean down without losing muscle once I decide to do that? Do I need to count calories? I really want to get down to 12-15% bodyfat, lower would be great but I recognize single digits is really hard to achieve. I also still want to be able to make real gains in the gym. My first instinct is to cut down to 2 lifts per week of 1.5 hours each, vs 4 1 hour lifts and stick like....15 miles of running a week in? idk. Someone help. Sorry this is a rambling post. I'm just trying to be hotter ok?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.