ADVERTISEMENT

NBA: Suns interested in Steve Nash, but Nash isn't curretnly interested in such a role

MattAU05

'FULL HOUSE' FAN
Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Daphne, AL
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...d-phoenix-suns-coaching-vacancy-team-interest

As a Suns fan, Nash coming back to Phoenix to coach would really be the thing to increase my confidence in the direction of the team, and I'm sure many Suns fan feel that way. I haven't watched but a handful of game since the mid-point of last season (and they're barely on TV in Alabama this year since they've been horrible, so I couldn't watch them even if I wanted to). But if they get Nash on the bench, my interest level shoots way back up.

But it looks like Steve wants to focus on his kids right, which I understand. With 41 road games a year, that's a lot of time away. He just retired, so getting right back into it would be tough. He had to be begged just to consult with Golden State a few days a month. What I'm hoping is that the Suns name an interim coach and keep working behind the scenes to hire Nash in the off-season. Maybe he could bring back a version of the 7 seconds or less Suns. Or at least get them back to the playoffs. The Suns were a consistent contender for decades, and now it has been six years since they've made the playoffs. Wow, six years? I actually had to look it up and was surprised it had been that long. This is a franchise that from 1977-2010 only missed the playoffs 6 times total (and one of those years they had a 46-36 record in ridiculously stacked Western Conference--so they were still good), and now they've missed it 6 years in a row. Something has to change. Hopefully they can lure Nash back and he will be the catalyst.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News