ADVERTISEMENT

My View of the Truth (Part I) by Harbabd

MetallicAub

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 25, 2015
So tough news is hard to give...especially on the Bunker but I don't think I can hold it in any longer.

Now that my son's soccer season is over it is only fair to call out the issues that I saw all year with the hope that no one on the team sees this post and what I have said about them. Thank goodness no one on the soccer team will see my anonymous shots at them and their 7/8 year old children.

Here is what happened..
Lack of Participation - we have 9 kids on the team, we never had more than 6 show up for a game and the team plays with 6. The kids just got exhausted, I would call out the parents by name but I don't know their names or their kids last names. Having said that...all of our losses are squarely on their shoulders.

New Field - this was the first season of a U-9 league and the field got big, really big. The kids, with no subs were running around for 50 minutes with parents (me) screaming "hustle" and "be aggressive" but there is no way my out of shape @ss could run nearly as much as those kids did

Officials - I mean you are either going to call offsides or not. This is freaking U-9 soccer...we stopped the cherry picking when they were 6.

"That Kid isn't under 9" - I am not saying that other teams had a bunch of Danny Almonte's but other teams had a bunch of Danny Almonte's. This league is based on age, not grade and I don't care if your 10 year old has been held back in 2nd grade for two years so he has an advantage in team sports until he gets to college. That's BS.

My son was perfect - sure he is smallish, not uber-aggressive and insists on kicking the ball with his toe. He is awesome, he is mine and I will not accept any negativity about his elite play. He could play in the U-10 league right now easily.

Having said all that we need to fire the coach, process the kids, contact the league about the officiating and stop the other teams from cheating. After all that happens I see a championship in 2019 for the GUSA Mud Monsters.

Sorry this was long...I didn't watch any football this weekend. Did we fire Gus yet?
War Damn Eagle!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News