ADVERTISEMENT

My take on Freeze vs Kiffin

wde1978

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 24, 2012
I wanted Kiffin because it would have been a big splash. He's also perhaps the best play caller going right now. I think he had the potential to flip our roster very quickly -- and we could have had success very early.

That said, I think Freeze is 10x the fit at Auburn than Kiffin could ever be. His transgressions are pretty public but he's owned them well and has let time do its work. He seems like an Auburn man -- blue collar, hard worker, a player's coach. He also has the potential to flip our roster quickly and is not far behind Kiffin's play calling acumen. He's the kind of coach that could stick around a very long time. With Kiffin, we would always be wondering when he would be on to the next thing. Freeze seems like he will do the little things it takes to win over the fan base and will work well with Bruce (who also has overcome his past transgressions). He's a heck of a lot more humble than Kiffin and humility is a trait that's valued in Auburn.

I wanted Kiffin because of the splash and also to stick it to Ole Miss but I always felt Hugh would be the better fit. Time will tell.

Reactions: bth19
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News