ADVERTISEMENT

My suffering in Baton Rouge

Tigercatch

First Round Draft Pick
Jan 20, 2002
Fort Lauderdale (Las Olas)
I have been to every game down there since 1993, when Stan White gave the corndogs a beat down. I've had very few good moments down there....

The Good:
97- Dameyune engineered a masterful winning drive toward the Auburn end zone. Cecil Collins ran all over us, but Auburn prevailed in a game that most likely, put us in the SEC Championship.
99- Cigars. We all know what happened. LSU fans left at halftime..
That's it for the good!

The Bad:
95-LSU Was not a good program but they billed this as the "Bring Back the Magic" game. It was the game we thought we heard the whistle, but it wasn't...lots of voodoo magic in this game. Auburn goes down..Long drive home. LSU donned its white jerseys for a home game for the first time in 15 years, inspiring the team to a 12–6 victory that cost our 5th ranked team the chance to play in the SEC Championship Game. LSU cornerback Troy Twillie intercepted a Patrick Nix pass in the end zone on the final play of the game. This game is also referred to as the Whistle Game, because Nix was sacked for a safety when he stopped play after a fan in the stands blew a whistle. However, the Sporting News reported that the LSU crowd "was so loud that Auburn quarterback Patrick Nix, standing in his end zone, thought he heard a whistle and mistakenly thought the play was dead. He was sacked for a safety."
2001- The scariest game we have EVER had down there. The natives were mad over the cigars. It was a very late kickoff, and you could feel the hatred. Damon Duval got into a fight with their band, and it was downhill from there. Tuberville's wife was called an Auburn whore as they tried to get on the team van after the game. WE were accosted with beer bottles. We left the game early, and they were literally leaning over the back of the stadium, screaming, "Get the F-- out of here. Bad day.
2003- It was literally over in the first 5 minutes. We were well on our way back to New Orleans by halftime. This was not surprising since we were annihilated by USC and Tech in the first two games.
2005-Kenny Irons ran wild on the Corndogs. However, John Vaughn became a head case and missed 5 field goals, including the one in overtime, which hit the goal post...sigh...heartbreak..we were the better team.
2007- Brandon Cox appeared to throw the winning touchdown pass with just a few minutes remaining, but Tubs, for some reason, decided to squib the kick and LSU got it at mid field. LSU lined up to kick the winning FG, but Lester decided to throw the ball. LSU scores with ONE SECOND remaining. Had we just knocked the ball down, we would have won. More heartbreak...long drive back to New Orleans. I was wasted on Bourban St..shortly thereafter...I did get lucky...I guess it was minor consolation..lol
2009 and 2011-annihilations...too bad to mention except in the 2011 game we couldn't even field a kick..literally knocked us over the minute we touched it.
2013- We were behind 14-0 before I even got my drink and sat down..no lie..Obnoxious guy wouldn't shut up on the Big Game bus from New Orleans..pure misery..
2015- READY TO BREAK THE TREND!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.