ADVERTISEMENT

Mizzou Stadium experience from LSU fan

Cotton-AU

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2022
Overall, the trip was great, but one thing in particular really irked me.

Missouri's stadium seats a little over 62,000. I'm not sure what their athletic budget is, but I have to imagine that it's lower than LSU's. I have to imagine LSU puts more money into its programs than Missouri does.

When I entered the stadium last Saturday, I was made to put on a wristband that allowed me to buy concessions. You had to wear a wristband. Otherwise, you would be turned away. What was not initially explained was that the wristband entitled its wearer to bottled water, soft drinks, popcorn, and hot dogs for free, with no limitations.

How in the hell does that work? Meanwhile, water costs $5 in Tiger Stadium, and the cost for stale popcorn or a Tiger Dog is insane.

Seems like LSU could do something similar to this for fans for at least a game or two each season and not take a great hit, especially as there seems to be fewer and fewer folks showing up for games.

Just disappointing that it feels like LSU nickels and dimes fans to death while other fans are shown some appreciation for attending games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News