• Ham Sammy

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

mkp_81

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2010
2hrs North of Birmingham
I’ve played some MP-57s for years now and just recently got in the market for some newer irons because I’m playing more this year. I’m a mid-high handicapper now days so thought about going with 923 Hot Metals, a “game improvement” iron.

Weeks of debating, I made a late choice to go with some used 923 FORGED instead of HM. Found a deal on 2ndSwing with Project X LS shafts, mint condition, no grips (so saved some $ plus I wanted to install my own grips).

Clubs showed up today annnnddd, they’re Hot Metals, not Forged.
They also have NS Pro 105 shafts and some standard Golf Pride grips.

Oh, plus they’re 5-GW and I ordered 4-PW.

They look brand new, I assume they’re demos but can’t find a blemish anywhere. The label on the shaft is what I ordered lol, but that ain’t what they are. Excellent quality control there..:

But what say ye? Keep or send back? I probably need the more forgiving HM anyway and it was my original choice. Not sure the shaft will factor in much, I’m sure these NPs are fine (stiff which is what I wanted).

The dollar value really doesn’t matter. Heck I got the better deal probably as these look new and are gripped (but I’m about to re-grip if I keep).

Reactions: Docdumpsta
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News