ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Let's do a reset

Jay G. Tate

IT'S A TRAP!
Staff
Jan 17, 2003
Montgomery, Ala.
Some of y'all wanna be miserable. I get it. You're masochists. You want people to hurt you; it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

For you all, yeah, Auburn is toast. Season is basically over.

FOR EVERYONE ELSE:

Auburn is now 7-2 and has won six games in a row. This is a very good team when it's at full strength. It was severely understaffed in some ways yesterday with Tre Williams out, Deshaun Davis ejected in the first quarter, Sean White not being Sean White due to a non-serious injury to his shoulder, Kerryon Johnson playing 80% due to a high ankle sprain.

That's a lot of critical players impaired or completely out of action.

So Auburn had to grind to beat Vanderbilt yesterday and some people see that as a bad thing, a sign of impending doom. Why? Vanderbilt generally plays everyone close in the SEC and they a solid, credible, fully staffed ball club. A whole bunch of stuff went against Auburn yesterday, just as Malzahn said in his post-game press conference, and they still won. They drove it home with one headlight as Jakob Dylan might say.

I believe Sean White will be fine in advance of the UGA game. Tre Williams told me that he'll be ready to go for UGA. Deshaun Davis will be back, of course. Kerryon? Don't know when he'll be 100%, but he's four weeks into his rehabilitation plan. He should see a breakthrough soon.

Kam Pettway? Don't know. I suspect he'll be ready for UGA, but that's merely an educated guess.

My suggestion: Chill out, appreciate the good things that happened yesterday, buckle up for what should be a dandy in Athens. Have fun. This team is fun.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News