ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s Get Real

StatsMatter

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2017
First, anyone that thought PT was going to be a special QB this year was just “wishin’ and hopin’ “. (This goes for HF also ). After 5 years the experience factor is baked in. Perhaps there could be a little bit of feeling more comfortable at Auburn but not enough to suddenly become what we need.

Second, and it was on full display, Auburn is not talented enough yet to win against other P5 teams with poor QB play. We are not good enough to overcome excellent QB play from our opponents. The Cal QB picked us apart and left us for dead.

PT was HF’s decision and I have already stated that a top flight program like Auburn has no business taking a chance on a less than mediocre QB and that HF would be hearing it loud and clear from the fans if his decision backfired. Well here we are and it looks like HF fvcked up and a lot of the talk and buzz around Auburn football will be lost, I believe, due to poor QB play. According to HF we were “already paying 1 QB”…..as if money is HF’s concern, If it is, it shouldn’t be. His concern should be to put the best players possible on the field. Let the NIL people worry about paying for it. I realize they work together but what will the fans, administration and local businesses say now that it looks like we will be lucky to win 7 games ?

“But we saved a million dollars !” Is not going to go over very well.

Lastly, HF is doing a great job of recruiting and that bodes well for our future, as long as he gets an elite QB along the way, but too many on the Bunker and fans in general have taken the great recruiting buzz and let that sway them in what caliber of team they think we have this year.

One last thing, as poorly as we played I believe it is a bright spot that we could stay close in a game where the opposing QB literally sliced us up and served us on a platter. He ate our lunch and how we didn’t get beat by 20+ is a miracle imo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.