ADVERTISEMENT

Late night thoughts about our rivals

Weagle1492

I'M A FOLLOWER. LOL
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
I've had people call us "the war eagles" with a stupid little smirk on their face, like our pre-game flight isn't one of the absolute coolest traditions in all of sports. Auburn will always be its own thing, bama is just a big "football school" similar to ohio state, they have no character, there's really nothing "special" or textured or valuable about alabama as an institution beyond "being good at football" and it pisses them off that we would never want to be like them.

I always feel like being able to perfectly explain the difference is just on the tip of my tongue...

Anyway, yeah, I think bama hates us for who we are, but we could not give a **** about what they are, they're a boring generic big state football school. They call us little brother, but I think we're the way cooler brother, who's got money, is better at school, and has a dynamic personality with good values, and they are the drunk highschool burnout who won state 3 years in a row and can't let it go.

idk, I've had a few beers, feel free to weigh in.

Edit: Here are the two schools creeds.... I rest my case.

bama:

As a member of The University of Alabama community, I will pursue knowledge; act with fairness, integrity and respect; promote equity and inclusion; foster individual and civic responsibility; and strive for excellence in all I do.

Auburn:

I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.

I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully.

I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.

I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities.

I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all.

I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.

I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it.

-George Petrie (1943)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.