ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Jordan Fishing Help Needed

auheld

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 28, 2001
I've fished saltwater my entire life. Except for a few bluegill and bass here and there over the years, my freshwater fishing exposure has been very limited.

I'm heading to Lake Jordan early October for 4-5 days and stying at a lake house. We have a boat and can also fish from the shore behind the house where there are apparently some very good grassbeds that are frequented by boats every morning.

Any tips on what to fish for (crappie, spotted and largemouth bass, bluegill, etc.) this time of year and where and how to do it would be appreciated. We'll have 3dads and 8 kids (all under 9), so keeping still and quite will be nearly impossible. Dads might have to make a fishing trip ourselves one day.

I have several light to medium spinning rods and reels and several Zebcos for the kids, but I don't have any artificial baits, jibg, worms, lures, etc. I"m hoping there is a shop near the lake where we can purchase worms and minnows.

Considering buying something like this to get us started -

Then, I could supplement with some other topwater lures, worms, etc. (4-inch Charlie Brewer Slider Worm on a 1/16-ounce Slider Head Jig, Netbait Paca Chunk, 6.5-inch NetBait T-Mac straight-tail worm in red bug or green pumpkin, 3/4-ounce football jig with a twin-tail grub, Zara Spook stickbait, spinnerbaits, Missile Baits D Bomb creature bait Texas rigged with a 5/0 hook and a 1-ounce bullet weight [all from online article]).

Also, I'd be interested in running some trot lines if that is something that will work for any species.

Any advice and/ortips are welcomed and appreciated.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News