ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING Just some positive notes...

BryanMatthews

ANIMATED GIF MASTER
Staff
May 9, 2014
Auburn, AL
auburn.rivals.com
On recruiting. Auburn hasn't lost any of its commitments so far and added two pretty good ones. There's nobody in this class that I don't think can't develop into a quality player. They all won't but there's nobody I'm looking at and shaking my head and asking why. This is/was going to be a good, not great class. The reason it has been so poorly rated is because of the numbers. The top 20 commits in your class add up to the total, and AU was at 12 going into today.

It looks like most of AU's top commits are going to sign today and the ones that don't are still staying in the fold and expressing interest right now. The two things this class is missing, and AU's recruiting has been missing for a while, is impact offensive tackles and pass rushers.

On the new guys..

Armani Diamond is an underrated defensive back from Mobile. I will absolutely go to bat and raise my expectations to All-SEC level for any late-blooming DB from the Mobile area that Auburn signs. And I will do so until I'm 100 and drop dead walking around the neighborhood on my walker. Check out his highlights from all-star practices below, especially going against McKinstry. Diamond is No. 5.

Watching Ian Mathews on film, pretty athletic and making plays at tight end at 270 pounds. Wouldn't rule him out as a jumbo DE or DT, but certainly long enough to be an offensive tackle. You can see the potential. Good TD dance moves too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News