ADVERTISEMENT

Just gonna leave this right here......

jeff1031

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 31, 2006
21VOWS1-articleLarge-v2.jpg

Captains Daniel Hall, left, and Vincent Franchino, who are Apache helicopter pilots, leaving the Cadet Chapel at West Point.CreditDanny Kim for The New York Times

By Vincent M. Mallozzi

Jan. 19, 2018
Apache helicopters — the kind of aerial weaponry immortalized in Hollywood tough-guy films such as “Rambo” and “Black Hawk Down” — are among the Army’s most revered killing machines, and those who fly them across enemy skies “have an attack mentality,” said Capt. Daniel Hall, a 30-year-old Apache helicopter pilot based at Fort Bliss, in Texas.

“That attack mind-set is shared by the entire Apache community,” Captain Hall said. “It’s a real macho thing.”

As he spoke, Captain Hall was flanked by Capt. Vincent Franchino, a 26-year-old fellow Apache pilot who is also stationed at Fort Bliss, where they are both a part of another community: the group of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender soldiers who serve there.

21Vows-ApachePilots1-articleLarge.png

The couple first met when both were at West Point. Captain Franchino, left, was a plebe and Captain Hall a firstie.
“It’s been a bit of a bumpy road for us,” said Captain Franchino, who married Captain Hall on Jan. 13 in the Cadet Chapel at the United States Military Academy in West Point, N.Y., where they are believed to be the first active-duty, same-sex couple to exchange vows at the legendary Army post.

Captains Daniel Hall, left, and Vincent Franchino, who are Apache helicopter pilots, leaving the Cadet Chapel at West Point.CreditDanny Kim for The New York Times

By Vincent M. Mallozzi

Jan. 19, 2018
Apache helicopters — the kind of aerial weaponry immortalized in Hollywood tough-guy films such as “Rambo” and “Black Hawk Down” — are among the Army’s most revered killing machines, and those who fly them across enemy skies “have an attack mentality,” said Capt. Daniel Hall, a 30-year-old Apache helicopter pilot based at Fort Bliss, in Texas.

“That attack mind-set is shared by the entire Apache community,” Captain Hall said. “It’s a real macho thing.”

As he spoke, Captain Hall was flanked by Capt. Vincent Franchino, a 26-year-old fellow Apache pilot who is also stationed at Fort Bliss, where they are both a part of another community: the group of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender soldiers who serve there.

The couple first met when both were at West Point. Captain Franchino, left, was a plebe and Captain Hall a firstie.
“It’s been a bit of a bumpy road for us,” said Captain Franchino, who married Captain Hall on Jan. 13 in the Cadet Chapel at the United States Military Academy in West Point, N.Y., where they are believed to be the first active-duty, same-sex couple to exchange vows at the legendary Army post.
Good for them.

By Vincent M. Mallozzi

Jan. 19, 2018

Wood. @Tigercatch ....

Reactions: BWW squad
Hey Capt., glad to see you back. How was it? Do you feel different - more muscles, more disciplined, skinny jeans retired?

Not really... I fold my T-shirt’s differently... I lost two pounds but Dad says I look thicker. Legs got more muscular... idk how. A school is definitely weird. I’m not used to thinking for myself... so I’m kind of in a haze. Oh and I’m sick so that’s not really helping.

Interested to know the ratio of LGBT soldiers stationed at “Fort Bliss” compared to other posts.

By Vincent M. Mallozzi

Jan. 19, 2018

This must be where the term “gay blades” comes from.

Reactions: tickledone
How can one claim that the love they feel for each other is not just as real/true as the love between a man and woman? Congrats to them for their courage on so many fronts

Reactions: benacton and au82
I think rape and incest had alot more to do with S&G than homosexuality, but keep up the troll.
How convenient to deemphasize the role of homosexuality in the story. Reminds me of Thomas Jefferson, who tore out the pages of the Bible that he didn’t like.

Reactions: tickledone
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT