ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Grimes, the person, and the Grimes family

Eagle5

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2001
Birmingham, Alabama
700515406.jpg

I get the football coaching allure of Hugh Freeze, but when I factor in the entire big picture and the ‘moment’ we’re in, it’s why I really want AU to go after Jeff Grimes.

He brings zero baggage (and sure, baggage isn’t always fair) that would be a drag on fan base and alumni support. He is beloved by players from our championship team in 2010, and not because he was their best friend. He was tough but fair, and a hell of an OL recruiter. He would embrace, not object to max NIL use (hey to Hars!).

He has actual affect, and connects with people. He would be a bridge to unity among boosters, BOT, and fan base IMO, and not create boogie men. Like Bruce does.

He’s a gamble only to an extent not having been the head guy, like Dave Aranda, his current mentor.

He knows the culture and landscape at Auburn. No buyout cost issue like Freeze would have (though gather Hugh’s is manageable).

He would assemble a sensational staff. If he hits it big, we’d have a 10-15 year run with Grimes.

On the personal side, Jeff and wife Sherry have four children, one, Jada, a very sweet adoption story.

Think this family’s beautiful sincerity and love of all people regardless of our differences wouldn’t shine through in building relationships and recruiting? See YouTube touching story.

Don’t overthink this.

https://www.deseret.com/2017/12/14/...bailey-and-jada-and-sons-garrison-and-greydon

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News