ADVERTISEMENT

Jay, Brian, or Anyone Else, I would like to know if JH stadium

Aubie1987

Gold Member
Jul 7, 2013
I do know that I heard after this season the will have all the suites on the westside would be getting where they can open up glass panels to hear & see the game if they wanted to. I heard they practiced on a couple of suites on how renovate that suites to where glass would open up to the outside. I believe after working on w of the suites they now know who to put in Wasn't the board about to approve another Jumbotron in the North Endzone, but decided to table it when they hired Alan Greene, because they wanted to see his thoughts about it. I think they had proposed a smaller version of the one in South endzone. I sat in the South Endzone for 1 game a couple of years ago & I felt like I was missing allot, because when you are in the end zone is hard to tell where the ball is at relates to the chain flags. But if you ever sit I south end zone I feel like you missing some great stuff ver you sit & it's a play that is hard to determine what actually happened you need to see a re-play to feel like you know what happened. I went to the UGA Spring game for the 2nd year in a row, because I have a daughter & step son that go to UGA & the last 2 years they have been free to get into stadium & it touch us 20-30 minutes to find a seat. It was packed, but what I did watch was their new Jumbotron & the graphic where much better than the pervious board but it wasn't much bigger than what they already had & the sound was ok but nothing compared to the sound coming out of that bank of speakers at the top of AU's Jumbotron. I think they spent 60 million redoing that end zone which it appears that took out the whole end zone & built it back. I also know they put in a new locker room & I'm assuming a recruiting area. I guess you could say they spent twice what AU spent.

Getting back to the Jumbotron, its time to replace the blue mesh type canvas with the AU logo that cover up the bank of speakers with a new one. This one is starting to fade out. I know allot of people have complained about the board but allot of the complaints can be fixed such has showing so making cam of people in the stadium & replace it was something else. The the sound quality & how load AU's get's as opposed to GA's based on the spring game where they they said it was completed, is pretty vast & I think the same company was used for both boards.

stadium has looked at with new AD to see what additional renovations/additions they would like to do to JH Stadium, if so what are those plans & do they have a time frame as to when they would begin & end? JH just needs to continue to be updated/renovated/added onto to to bring it back to the top portion of the SEC. This project they are finishing up with locker room expansion, recruiting area expansion, moving the press box area from the westside into the corner & putting in luxury seating all down the west side is a great move & I would say this is the biggest since '85 when upper deck & suite were built on the Westside which is over 30 yrs. ago. I realize they have done some things to explain the concourse on both West & East between these dates & have add some bricking which did help, but I don't think you would call it a major project. Anybody know what could be the next project for JH, or is trying to get funding for the football only facility going to be all they are focused on in the near future.

Thanks in advance for anyone's input as to where everything is currently with additional renovations/additions to JH.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News