ADVERTISEMENT

Is it true? Is there such a thing as bad press?

im4aubigtime

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
Well. I would have never guessed that Auburn would be here on the National stage….. I felt if there was attention the focus would be because of our #1 ranked basketball team not because of a dysfunctional booster who’s decided unilaterally to ruin a man, his family and program in the process.

Today the focus of sports media from ESPN to bleacher report - Auburn is front page news.

Yeah. Don’t like Harsin? Well, don’t worry he’s probably going to sue Auburn for face value of his contract citing breach. Auburn has physically impaired this coach and team from being successful. I see it as a slam dunk… but I’m not the judge.

You want a better coach? We might get one in 50 years after anyone that remembers this fiasco is dead and gone.

Hard to believe that people claiming to love the program has poisoned the well better than Updike ever could.

At this point, screw those who by subterfuge and innuendo has attempted to destroy a family and man from the shadows. Burn this sucker known as Auburn athletics to the ground. All of it. I come to that conclusion having tried to explain to my college kids who at Auburn that all of this has happened before. They stare back to me in disbelief. It’s true…

No more. The time to fix this is now. Let the light of day shine everywhere…. Let nothing remain untouched. Only then will Auburn be able to put this in past. I don’t give a damn if it kills our program forever…. This whole mess is wrong and it will not stand. Fire anyone involved! Blackball anyone who actively played a role…. Coach, administration, or player or booster.

I wonder if when the decision was made to move forward at all costs if the automated voice came on saying “automatic self destruct sequence initiating in 5 minutes” was playing in the background?

Maybe it’s for the best. I wonder if these same clowns considered dropping out of the SEC if it went badly? Or maybe they figured they would just sneak into the shadows with anonymity? Well you can guarantee we are the new Vanderbilt!

Do you think that 6-7 record will be fondly remembered?

oh the irony…

War Daman Eagle!

Reactions: tyler5651
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News