ADVERTISEMENT

Is Auburn secretly the biggest winner of the most recent CFB changes?

Weagle1492

I'M A FOLLOWER. LOL
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
1. NIL leveling the playing field when our biggest rivals had the cheating system on lock for the forseeable future was about the only act of God that could have helped AU reach parity in terms of talent with those schools on a consistent basis. AU had the money, the infrastructure, and the will to begin using NIL effectively and at direct cost to our rivals very quickly, there are maybe 10 schools in the country that NIL benefited, I'm struggling to think of anyone who will benefit more than us, contextually.

2. 8 game schedule, we've had a top 5? 10? most difficult schedule in the country for the last 20 years, I'd actually be curious over the last 20 years if any CFB team has a harder composite SOS than Auburn. Moving 1-2 perennial top 5 teams off our schedule and replacing them with teams like uscar and vandy and uk adds literal wins in our favor. I also struggle to think of a team that benefits more in that regard as well.

Its honestly odd that more Auburn folks haven't been talking about how we've been notching systemic wins the last few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News