ADVERTISEMENT

is auburn in sports purgatory?

T I G E R

OSORIO IS MY BAE
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2007
Birmingham, AL
- football has three straight losing seasons, and while i’m optimistic about HEW i’ll have to see it to believe it. AUr facilities are stuck in the 1930s and we are apparently NIL poor as this past week has been one of the roughest recruiting stretches i can remember and i was here for derek winter. 2024 auburn football depends on thorne and fielding a defense worth anything. how fast the young receivers come on is going to be key to pair an effective passing game with what should be a good rushing attack. i fear big transfers out if HUGH can’t deliver a serviceable QB.

- basketball has the best coach it has ever had and will ever get and nearly broke through in 2019. since then even BRUCE has been unable to break the curse that is aubarn basketball. getting melted in the second round by miami with two first rounders caps off the best season we’ve had next to being bounced by a dominant yale team in r1 as a four seed last year. the future still seems bright, but BRUCE needs to win big this year and i think it’s fully possible with what should be a dominant post game with better guard play. CBM needs his head right and this team can do big things.

- baseball has maybe the second best coach in BUTCH but since a few CWS appearances the program has been on a clear downward trajectory. it doesn’t really look any better over the next 2-3 years. subpar pitching and not going and getting at least two weekend starters puts this club right back in its 2023 shoes. maybe with a worse offense this time. much like auburn basketball, auburn baseball is a historic doormat so it may just be reversion to the mean and BUTCH can’t do anything about it

- softball was awesome during myers beginning in the first year he was hired. from cooper to carosone to howard and jade with just a bit above average pitching, those teams were fun to watch. unfortunate how that played out and now the program is back in the wilderness. wasted the best pitcher the program has ever seen and now has two head coaches, no pitching, and needs an entire offense and defense. it may be years before this program is even competitive

- golf may be the best outlook of any program the barn has. with an incoming STUD and hopeful return of JK, they should compete for the natty again.

i need optimism. i feel like AUr rivals are lapping us while we pay buyouts to fired coaches and fall behind an arms race that is unforgiving at best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News