ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting dynamic...

WarDamnPeen

I BEG FOR LIKES
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2011
I have a good friend, African American Woman, who has 5 siblings.

Her dad was a big exectuive back in the 70s and they are millionaires in Dallas. Mom and dad are still together. Very nice family.

The siblings are all successful. One is a lawyer another owns a string of spas, etc.

One brother however is a deadbeat. 22 years old, no real skills. He just wants to be a mother ****ing hustler, ya know? Like "REAL" blacks.... (His view point) His parents sent him to private schools. Offered to pay for any college or job training he wants. He has had every advantage in life that others have had if not more so given his families wealth. Yet he makes fun of his siblings for "acting white" etc.

Just recently the dad laid it down and gave him 3 job training programs to choose from with the agreement to fund him through the program or he is cut off.

It is an interesting dynamic. I personally think that in an effort to NOT be racist we have, as a nation, legitimized this culture of a thug gangster lifestyle. In our PC world, we make an effort to say these cultures, which are different from mainstream America, are equal regardless of the outcomes that they perpetuate. That is is okay to idolize being a criminal, becasur we must respect other's cultures.

Just one more way we have let the African American down I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News