ADVERTISEMENT

If the Auburn admin let the PTB get away with this

WarDamnPeen

I BEG FOR LIKES
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2011
know that things will NEVER get better here. We will stay the same wanna-be, fluke natty every 50-year program that we have always been. That is not to say that Harsin is the answer, that question is inconsequential to this post.

The men perpetrating this fiasco are the cause of this mess and they are the cause of Auburn's inability to take the next step. While this attempt is particularly nasty, this is not their first rodeo. We have seen this time and time again. Why do you all think we hired Harsin in the first place? Anyone who thinks a coach like Cristobol or Aranda is coming here is delusional. Hell, Venables said it outright. Auburn could not even pull a coach away from Louisiana LaFayette to come here and that is not because of AG or PJG.

We are supposed to be folks who love Auburn University, not just Auburn football. I have seen absolutely none of that from the people perpetuating this. Unsubstantiated claims of infidelity, abuse, and racism, really? Regardless of how you feel about Harsin, you have to recognize that their efforts are dragging Auburn's name through the mud on a national scale. They have damaged the brand and this job in a significant way.

Are we really comfortable with Auburn destroying a man's life because we had buyer's remorse? Because if we do, there is a chance that our win % on the football field might increase slightly over the next 5 years while dodging the buy-out at the same time?

And that is the real kicker. This fiasco, this national embarrassment is nothing more than the PTB trying to save themselves some cash. They want him gone but they don't want to pay the $20 million to do it. Instead, they will drag Auburn's name through the mud and treat a man's life as nothing more than collateral damage, for no other reason but to save themselves (not Auburn) money.

Maybe as alumni, I romanticize Auburn too much in my head but I thought we were better than this.

No matter how you slice this, it is immoral. Let them have their way and we will regret it for decades to come.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News