ADVERTISEMENT

I think 95% of this board agrees that what the PTB was …

Stumpfan

QUALITY AND QUANTITY
Gold Member
Feb 14, 2003
…despicable, idiotic, trashy, moronic, immoral, etc. That being said, they did it. The only question is what should AU do now?

1) Some just say fire him, pay his buyout, say the fit was terrible and cite how he treats players and coaches. This is my choice but the only problem is I doubt Gogue agrees to fire him.

2) Stuck with their current crappy plan I described as despicable, idiotic, etc and fire him for cause. Fight out the buyout later with lawyers. This is my second choice.

3) Do nothing and let Harsin stay. This isn’t a choice imo as it will bury AU football for years imo. He is tainted. He’s a dead man walking in a job security sense. We will have zero stability to sell to recruits. Zero hope. He could go 9-3 next year and it wouldn’t matter. He would be lucky to pull another top 20 class. After next year, our goals as fans would be 6-6 or 7-5 so we make a bowl. He would be fired after year 3 imo if he pulled a 8-4 to 10-2 next year and the cupboard would be as bare as we have seen since CTT took over.

We are most likely fvcked. Get freeze in here (he would take it) and hire some recruiters. If nothing, get a Dell McGee in here and pull an Arkansas. Steele or Harsin is now a hard choice for me since the PTB fvcked us with this bs. Coin flip.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News