ADVERTISEMENT

I realize that most bunker members are afraid of their own shadows

So your covered by your injection, no matter how/when/if you get it again, you are covered and your condition will not be severe. So you and all your minions shut up already!!!

I don’t start threads on it. I rarely tell people to get the shot. I’ll comment on falsehoods about the vaccines though. I’m sorry that hurts your feelings.

So your covered by your injection, no matter how/when/if you get it again, you are covered and your condition will not be severe. So you and all your minions shut up already!!!

troy-laugh.gif

I don’t start threads on it. I rarely tell people to get the shot. I’ll comment on falsehoods about the vaccines though. I’m sorry that hurts your feelings.
Seems like you sniff everything the CDC puts out...the CDC is full of lies or 1/2 truths about the injections. A lot of information out there people are not hearing about.

Seems like you sniff everything the CDC puts out...the CDC is full of lies or 1/2 truths about the injections. A lot of information out there people are not hearing about.

95% of the info out on the vaccines and Covid don’t come from the cdc.

And obviously you do not pay attention to all the info available only what you are spoon fed.

No, I just refuse to get it from Facebook from some Dr in East bumble Fvck, IA at a school board meeting.

So you’ll get the first Pfizer shot this week when it’s approved? I don’t think you will. I think you and others will move down to your next excuse.
Excuse is not the correct word. Explanation would be more appropriate, IMO.

I'm really not on either side of the vaccination debate but in a free country, anyone is free to do or not do anything, as long as they don't break the law
Hopefully it does what it’s suppose to do and keeps you from getting severe covid and dying. Hope you get well soon!!
Few would argue that the virus is real and it is definitely a threat but statistically, dying is a fairly unlikely possibility, vaccinated or otherwise. We're sitting at a shade under 650,000 US deaths versus a population of 333,000,000, which is less than 0.2%. 75% of those were age 65 and older. There is also the well chronicled question of whether the number of Covid-related deaths is exaggerated due to the reporting protocols.

As I say above, I am not a combatant on this issue. I just believe data helps remove some of the emotional charge from the discussion

Last edited:
All of this is true but it still isn’t a reason for you to ignore the only protection you/we have to fight off the virus.

Everyone will get the virus.

Those without the vaccine will fight it naturally which humans didn’t fair too well.

I mean what is your end game ?

I am not sure what it means for "Those without the vaccine will fight it naturally which humans didn’t fair too well." It's been age dependent, but the national survival rate for unvaccinated with COVID is greater than 99%. I'd assume his endgame is beating the virus without the vaccine. I am pretty confident in my chances, but I hedged my bet by getting the vaccine. Their are long term side affects to everything, so worrying about it with the vaccine wasn't something I was going to do.

Reactions: StatsMatter

I'm really not on either side of the vaccination debate but in a free country, anyone is free to do or not do anything, as long as they don't break the law

Few would argue that the virus is real and it is definitely a threat but statistically, dying is a fairly unlikely possibility. Vaccinated or otherwise. We're sitting at a shade under 650,000 US deaths versus a population of 333,000,000, which is less than 0.2%. 75% of those were age 65 and older. There is also the well chronicled question of whether the number of Covid-related deaths is exaggerated due to the reporting protocols.

As I say above, I am not a combatant on this issue. I just believe data helps remove some of the emotional charge from the discussion

The death rate is .02 or 2%, but it's not calculated based on deaths versus population. It's calculated by deaths versus confirmed cases. 645,063 deaths and 38,546,069 confirmed cases gives you a death rate of the virus. You are correct that you have a walking chance of survival from this virus of 99.8% everyday you wake up.

The death rate is .02 or 2%, but it's not calculated based on deaths versus population. It's calculated by deaths versus confirmed cases. 645,063 deaths and 38,546,069 confirmed cases gives you a death rate of the virus. You are correct that you have a walking chance of survival from this virus of 99.8% everyday you wake up.
Agreed. I was attempting to characterize the likelihood of any US citizen dying from the virus

Few would argue that the virus is real and it is definitely a threat but statistically, dying is a fairly unlikely possibility, vaccinated or otherwise. We're sitting at a shade under 650,000 US deaths versus a population of 333,000,000, which is less than 0.2%. 75% of those were age 65 and older. There is also the well chronicled question of whether the number of Covid-related deaths is exaggerated due to the reporting protocols.

Death isn’t the only result of getting Covid. Also, you’re 20-25 times less likely to die or get hospitalized with the vaccine.

Reactions: I4CAW
All of this is true but it still isn’t a reason for you to ignore the only protection you/we have to fight off the virus.

Those without the vaccine will fight it naturally which humans didn’t fair too well.

You mean. 018% of humans didn't do well. Because the other 99.98% survived COVID.

He pulls crap out of his ass to try and act like he’s smarter than the rest of us. Read his replies and he will throw outrageous numbers around like it’s candy. Btw, he told me the other day it was 20-25 times more likely. Today, its 4-10.
^^Trussville logic

Fine, just don't go to the hospital if COVID is about to kill you

but I guess I don't understand the terror that overcomes them with regards to taking the vaccine. Can any of you expound?

For most, I believe it's the simple fact that we have NO usage data for the mid-term and long-term, (i.e. they are new and therefore carry a higher level of risk). That ensures that the decision to take something experimental is NOT a no-brainer, (despite them being VERY safe in the short-term).

If you want to make it a no-brainer for everyone, justify mandates, AND see if it will be possible to attain herd immunity, stop being stupid/stubborn and forcing everyone to the mRNA, and develop a 3rd options built upon classical, tried and true vaccine technology, for which we have DECADES of data.

For most, I believe it's the simple fact that we have NO usage data for the mid-term and long-term, (i.e. they are new and therefore carry a higher level of risk).
Although I don’t necessarily agree with your sentiment. I do find it funny they still consider the results on marijuana inconclusive, yet can waste no time when they’re really motivated to, such as with the vaccine.

Oh my. COVID-19 is serious, but it isn't close to being one of the most virulent/dangerous pathogens that mankind has faced throughout history. And we managed to survive all of them. I wonder where the survival rate of COVID would rank in the top 25 disease threats to mankind.

For most, I believe it's the simple fact that we have NO usage data for the mid-term and long-term, (i.e. they are new and therefore carry a higher level of risk). That ensures that the decision to take something experimental is NOT a no-brainer, (despite them being VERY safe in the short-term).

If you want to make it a no-brainer for everyone, justify mandates, AND see if it will be possible to attain herd immunity, stop being stupid/stubborn and forcing everyone to the mRNA, and develop a 3rd options built upon classical, tried and true vaccine technology, for which we have DECADES of data.
No one wants to hear your opinion

That's a patently false statement, and many have told me otherwise. Grow up and act like a mature adult. Taking the time to type out a post hoping it will serve as a petty insult. Turn on your brain and add something to the discussion, or don't, but stop the sophomoric kiddy crap.
I don't think it's very mature to play pretend expert, but you obviously can't help yourself.

I don't think it's very mature to play pretend expert, but you obviously can't help yourself.

Those are words that I have never uttered, but while you may not have noticed, this IS an internet board, the sole intent of which is to facilitate conversation and exchange of personal opinions from regular folks, and even peons such as myself.

Don't judge a book by its cover. Judge it by the merits of its content. I've actually offered key predictions in the last paragraph HERE, and HERE2, and lastly summed up HERE3, that the "experts" actually missed, which likely played a significant role in this latest surge, so again, participate or don't, but please stop with the foolish snarky chipping from the sidelines, (but you obviously can't help yourself 😜 😎).

• Love
Reactions: tickledone
Those are words that I have never uttered, but while you may not have noticed, this IS an internet board, the sole intent of which is to facilitate conversation and exchange of personal opinions from regular folks, and even peons such as myself.

Don't judge a book by its cover. Judge it by the merits of its content. I've actually offered key predictions in the last paragraph HERE, and HERE2, and lastly summed up HERE3, that the "experts" actually missed, which likely played a significant role in this latest surge, so again, participate or don't, but please stop with the foolish snarky chipping from the sidelines, (but you obviously can't help yourself 😜 😎).
Yawn. I guess I'll have to wait until you get bored of playing pretend expert.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT