ADVERTISEMENT

I probably wouldn't be successful, but maybe I should start a YouTube channel.

mabwriter

Bunker Legend
Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
In da club.
I know not every channel makes money, but if some of these numbers are right, people are making bank just doing things like reacting to movies or playing video games.

There is a site created by Mr. Beast's company, who some consider the most popular YouTuber, which projects how much money content creators make. I am not sure how they formulate this data, but I am guessing it is based off of what they make per view on their own channel, and the estimates are pretty wide, but even if they are getting the low end, it's still not bad.

For instance, one person I watch is a movie reviewer. Per this site, in the last 28 days he's made somewhere between an estimated $4000 to $11000. There are people who have channels reacting that the site projects make 3-4x that.

Don't get me wrong, I am sure it's a very time-consuming job if they edit their own videos (I tried editing some in college and that shit took forever) or not all the money goes to them if they also have to pay for an editor or someone to manage their sites, but a lot of them also have Patron pages where people pay them money monthly.

There is one movie reactor I've watched a couple of times who viewstats estimates makes between 3-7k on YouTube, but per her Patreon page, she makes close to 10k a month from subscribers there.

Just insane to think that 20 years ago, this wouldn't have been a viable source of income, but here we are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News