ADVERTISEMENT

I have a question that I've wanted to ask you guys and gals....

rthomas14

BUNKER SOCIAL CHAIR
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2007
Let me preface this by flatly stating that not trying to start a fight or a debate on faith, religion, church & state or anything else. Just interested in knowing what motivates or angers people.
Ok, with that said, there are many here that were put off or completely outraged by CGC's invoking of "it's a God thing". Gus has also gotten some heat for openly discussing his faith. Bruce Pearl speaks of God and faith as much or more than either of those men, yet I haven't heard a word of opposition to that from anyone here. My question is why the different reaction?

Maybe because those two men are Christians and Bruce is Jewish so it doesn't seem evangelical?
Maybe because he's lifting our program so it's palatable, but Gus is doing the same and Chizik said it after the Clemson game iirc at the beginning of an undefeated run.
Again, I don't know the answer and I'm not trying to pick a fight. I'm simply curious as to the reason for the difference reaction. Just so it's clear, I was good with Chizik doing it, Gus doing it (he really doesn't much) and I'm great with CBP doing it.

If this turns into a name calling argument or debate over God, I hope the mods will get rid of it. I'm hoping we can have an adult conversation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News