ADVERTISEMENT

I’m not sure we are out of it yet.

noswalga

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2010
We won’t win the west or the SEC this year, but in terms of our ability to get to the playoff if we win out..

Let’s assume LSU wins out, that is one of the four teams that is in. I think that’s the easiest path for us and fortunately the likeliest in appearance.

That gives Bama a loss, then we would need to give them a second. Effectively eliminating them as their only quality win right now Auburn has as well... at Texas A&M.

UGA / Fla takes care of itself. They play Saturday and one team has another loss. The other has to play LSU in the SEC championship. Another loss. Again, the most likely scenario is two losses apiece. Ideally for us, UGA beats Fla so that we can hang the second loss on them prior to Atlanta. UGA would still win the east regardless b/c they beat Florida head to head. we would just have a victory over the “East champion.” Either way, neither of those teams realistically finishes without two-three losses.

Clemson is in b/c they don’t play antibody. That fills up spot 2.

That leaves Ohio State, Penn State, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oregon, and Utah.

Big 10
Penn state still plays Ohio state and Minnesota + conf championship
Ohio state still plays penn state and Michigan + conf championship
Minnesota will be out of this soon..
I think we will most likely see a 1 loss or undefeated OSU team emerge from this as the third team in. This is all conjecture though, u have the ability for the Big 10 champ to have 2 losses still.

Oregon still has to play the conference championship, plus we have a head to head victory on a neutral site
Utah will most likely be the opponent for that game. Barring any unlikely loss prior to the championship, we see Oregon take down the Utes to get the conf victory.

Oklahoma choked. Their defensive flaws were exposed. They still have to play Baylor and the championship. They are not a shoe-in.

I have
1. LSU
2. Clemson
3. OSU vs PSU, could change
4. This is where it gets tricky, Either Oregon, Utah, or Oklahoma could win out and claim this spot. But I’m not sure that is realistic given these teams. Could a two loss Auburn team sneak into the top 4 with victories over Oregon, A&M, UGA, and Alabama if the PAC 12 winner is Oregon and Oklahoma gets another loss? Ideally, Oregon drops another regular season game prior to winning the PAC championship. Not sure, what say you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News