ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Hugh Freeze quick notes

Henry Patton

All-American
Staff
Apr 5, 2022
Dallas, TX
We're about to talk to Hugh Freeze after Auburn's 31-13 loss to Georgia. Refresh for updates. Yell in the replies. Idk, it's your life

• "Obviously a disappointing season and today was another step not in the direction we hoped."
  • "We're not playing winning football. Glad it's an open week. We as coaches have to coach them harder."
  • Mentioned that they have to find a way to stop making critical mistakes in big moments
  • 4th-and-1 call: "Call was a dive left to Jarquez and we didn't execute it that way."
  • "I expect more fight than what we saw in the 60 minutes today." Mentioned that they would get that turned around. He also mentioned that they didn't quit or anything, but they let Georgia put it away easier than it should have been able to.
  • More on the fourth-and-one: "He absolutely didn't go with what we called." Freeze said that Thorne went with a zone read. Freeze mentioned that he should have called a timeout there. "We've got to talk through that one and make sure it doesn't happen again."
  • Freeze is asked what the goals will be for the rest of the season and he said to win the rest of their games: "I think our team is capable of doing that, I refuse to believe otherwise."
  • "I've never met a good player that didn't want to be coached hard. And I think we need to coach them harder."
  • Freeze said that he considered going for it when on fourth down when it was 28-10, but they ultimately rolled with the field goal
  • "I'm proud of Jarquez and our running backs."
  • On the lack of receiver production out of KLS: "Very few down the field throws were really available." Mentioned that there was lots of cloud coverage on Cam Coleman, who didn't catch a pass all day.
That's all for Hugh

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.